Table of Contents
OER-RELEASE-MODELS | BENEFITS-OF-RELEASE-AND USE | CULTURAL ASPECTS of OER | TECHNICAL-ASPECTS-of-OER | LEGAL-ASPECTS-of-OER
DEFINITION AND DESCRIPTION
The release of Open educational resources (OER)
- Release here includes OER development, storage, management, discoverability and accessibility.
- There are a wide range of models for OER production and release which require appropriate supporting structures, sustainable financial support, supporting networks and communities.
- This includes the release of new, existing or adapted resources to support learning at a range of different granularities (from individual assets to full course modules) for the purpose of worldwide use and re-purposing.
- Materials could include: course materials, reading lists, student generated content, images and other multimedia, learning objects, electronic learning activities, recordings and supporting materials from lectures, workshops and presentations, e-textbooks.
- Release of OER requires the application of open licences, clear evidence of provenance, and clarity re attribution and potential use and re-use.
- OER Release is often intended for use, re-use and re-purposing by different stakeholder groups. Release for very specific contexts (such as for a particular course, use with a particular technology or by a defined community) can have negative impact on openness and potential use or re-use.
- A range of technical, legal, cultural and policy issues impact on OER release
- see all pages on this website with the tag OER Release
- Pilot Phase Developing Managing and Sharing OERs
- Phase2 Development and Release Issues
- Phase3 Releasing and Using OER
SYNTHESIS AND EVALUATION PAGES
Most of the pages on this wiki focus on some aspect of OER – particularly within the context of work carried out as part of the UKOER Programme
- OER and open learning
- OER and open pedagogies or teaching practices
- OER and sharing learning/teaching ideas
- OER and open technologies
- OER and open scholarship
- pages on this website with the tag OERs